The Blount County Genealogical and Historical Societywas founded in 1985 as a non-profit organization and is an affiliate of the Blount County Public Library. Our proceeds are used to benefit the Library.
The purpose of the Society shall be:
1. To bring together persons interested in genealogical studies and in the collection and preservation of genealogical and historical materials pertaining to Blount County.
2. To collect and preserve historical documents, traditions, oral history and items of historic value.
3. To assist the Blount County Public Library in enlarging its collection of genealogical and local history reference materials.
4. To strive to increase the awareness of the pleasures and values to be gained from the study of family history and the preservation of historic interest.
5. To sponsor classes, seminars, tours and other events for the educational benefit of members and the public.
6. To publish The Blount Journal, a semi-annual periodical providing a medium for exchange of genealogical and historical information.
Although the Society cannot do genealogical research for individuals (neither for members nor for non-members), volunteers will spend UP TO 30 minutes checking INDEXED SOURCES for 1 (one) surname. There is a minimum fee of $10.00 for each inquiry. This fee will provide up to 10 photocopies. You MUST INCLUDE a stamped, self-addressed envelope for the materials to be returned to you. Research requests cannot be handled by email; you must submit your clearly stated request along with payment.
Having a Family / Class Reunion or Historical Gathering?
Contact us by email at email@example.com to have it posted on our Reunion & Gatherings Page of the website.
ORDERING BOOKS or back issues of THE BLOUNT JOURNAL
All payments, whether for dues, research, books or JOURNALS
must be made in the form of CHECK or MONEY ORDER in US CURRENCY.
Tennessee residents add 9.75% tax for books or Journals.
Mailing/handling charges are listed on the Book or Journals page.
The cost to mail items to Alaska, Hawaii or anywhere outside the Continental U.S.
is higher than the prices herein stated. If you live in one of these areas, or
wish to have items mailed to one of these areas, you must contact our office
so we may determine appropriate mailing costs.
The Society is NOT equipped to take credit card payment/orders.
Send written request for item or service ordered to:
PO Box 4986
Maryville, TN 37802-4986
Check back often! Our website is a work in progress
TO CONTACT US email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blount County Genealogical and Historical Society copyright 2010